There has been a pub on the site of Whitelock’s Ale House in Leeds since 1715. John Lupton Whitelock established much of the fixtures and fittings as seen today in the late nineteenth century. Now a listed building, the rich interior includes lots of beautiful old lettering. The custom typeface drawn up for the logo is a faithful recreation of these signs and advertisements, and has been expanded with new characters and punctuation where necessary so it can be used across all the various branding elements too.

More photos coming soon!